#74 How Collaborations Help to End Injustice with Nicole Bice, Executive Director, Hovde FoundationApr 25, 2022
With social injustice ingrained deeply at a systematic level, it can be difficult to create massive change as an individual or singular organization. But through a united front and a collaborative effort, we can drive forward to enact social change.
In this episode, Nicole Bice, Executive Director of the Hovde Foundation joins us to discuss her organization’s initiatives in supporting local children in the areas of housing, health, community development, and youth development and education in their fight for survivor-driven change.
In addition, Nicole will share what survivor-driven change means to her and how engaging in funder collaboratives can enable funders to give with greater flexibility and intentionality. Join Nicole and me as we tackle ending injustice in the world!
- What inspired Nicole to work for survivor-driven change.
- Hovde Foundation’s initiatives supporting vulnerable children around the world.
- The two key components behind survivor-driven change according to Nicole.
- What the Renewal Philanthropy collaborative means to Nicole.
Links referenced in this podcast:
- Visit the Hovde Foundation’s website and discover more about its team’s mission and impact to help vulnerable children and families.
- Visit Renewal Philanthropy’s website to learn more about their commitment to survivor driven-change.
- Listen to Episode #68 When a Donor Is Inspired to End Injustice with Richard Leong, President, Two Tunics Fund.
If you enjoyed this episode, listen to these as well:
- #73 Sybil Speaks: It Takes Time to Make a Difference
- #72 Sybil Speaks: Maximize the Impact of Your $100 - $1,000 Donation
- #71 Sybil Speaks: When and How to Engage Expert Advisors
Crack the Code: Sybil’s Successful Guide to Philanthropy
Become even better at what you do as I teach you the strategies as well as the tools you’ll need to avoid mistakes and make a career out of philanthropy through my new course, Crack the Code!
In this new course, you’ll gain access to beautifully animated and filmed engaging videos, and many more!
Check out her website with all the latest opportunities to learn from Sybil at www.doyourgood.com.
Connect with Do Your Good
Would you like to talk with Sybil directly?