#71 Sybil Speaks: When and How to Engage Expert AdvisorsApr 04, 2022
Having a team you can rely on can be a big game-changer in ensuring that you are giving money away effectively. If you are a donor looking to hire expert philanthropic advisors or want to be more involved with your current team, there are certain sensitivities you need to properly navigate.
In this episode, I go in-depth about the three main key areas donors need to consider. These practices will help you get the most out of your donations and equip you to build a supportive and trustworthy relationship with the experts who are helping you do good in the world.
A successful donor is one who acts in the best interests of both the issue areas they care about and their constituents, so make sure to give this episode a listen. Stay tuned!
- The three main benefits of hiring staff or contracted advisors.
- Threshold questions you need to ask yourself before hiring someone.
- Four best practices to make sure you are being fair to your staff and contractors.
Links referenced in this podcast:
- Visit Glassdoor’s website for a free resource where you can see the general salary ranges for different kinds of philanthropic advisors.
- As a member-led community of lean funders, Exponent Philanthropy provides funders with various resources and information so everyone can evolve to become more effective philanthropists.
If you enjoyed this episode, listen to these as well:
- #70 Support Your Favorite Nonprofit to Tackle Government Grants with Shakira Releford, President, Nonprofit Unplugged
- #69 Tips to Support a Nonprofit in Pursuit of Best Practices with Patton McDowell, Founder, PMA Consulting
- #68 When a Donor Is Inspired to End Injustice with Richard Leong, President, Two Tunics Fund
Crack the Code: Sybil’s Successful Guide to Philanthropy
Become even better at what you do as I teach you the strategies as well as the tools you’ll need to avoid mistakes and make a career out of philanthropy through my new course, Crack the Code!
In this new course, you’ll gain access to beautifully animated and filmed engaging videos (one per week for a total of 8 weeks), and many more!
Check out her website soon with all the latest opportunities to learn from Sybil at www.doyourgood.com.
Connect with Do Your Good
Would you like to talk with Sybil directly?