#66 Sybil Speaks: What to Do When Your Favorite Nonprofit Experiences an Executive Director TransitionFeb 28, 2022
When a nonprofit’s Executive Director transition from the organization doesn’t go smoothly, its donors can get really worried. So how can you, as a donor, continue to support your favorite nonprofit when you hear its Executive Director is leaving?
In this episode, I discuss four key tips and tricks for donors to offer advice to the nonprofits they care deeply about during their Executive Director transition so they can come out the other side just as strong as they were in the past.
Make sure to take your pencils out and listen to this episode so you can avoid all the headaches and help nonprofits take proactive strategies during these transitions. Stay tuned!
- Talk to nonprofits about being communicative with all of their donors during the transition
- Talk to nonprofits about no surprises and being as transparent as possible
- Ask the nonprofit to proactively create a special transition budget
- Make sure nonprofit has an Interim ED strategy
Links referenced in this podcast:
- If you’re enjoying the podcast and want to check out more of what I have to offer then click here. On my website, you can sign up for my free training, online courses, free resources, as well as my paid resources.
If you enjoyed this episode, listen to these as well:
- #65 Sybil Speaks: A Big Challenge in My Career
- #64 Create Your Special and Lasting Legacy with Christy Boysen, CEO, and Monique Kleinhuizen, CMO, Apex Legacy Consultants
- #63 Innovations to Streamline Grantmaking with Ansley Fender, Founder & CEO, Atlas
Crack the Code: Sybil’s Successful Guide to Philanthropy
Become even better at what you do as I teach you the strategies as well as the tools you’ll need to avoid mistakes and make a career out of philanthropy through my new course, Crack the Code!
In this new course, you’ll gain access to beautifully animated and filmed engaging videos (one per week for a total of 8 weeks), and many more!
Check out her website soon with all the latest opportunities to learn from Sybil at www.doyourgood.com.
Connect with Do Your Good
Would you like to talk with Sybil directly?