#57 Terrific Strategies for Local Grantmaking with Michael Chatman, Executive Director, The Community FoundationDec 27, 2021
I had the absolute pleasure of interviewing Michael Chatman, President & CEO of “The Community Foundation” and today, he joins me to speak about his journey in the world of philanthropy and how he managed to build a small Community Foundation into a thriving organization that works with locally-based organizations to give effective grants.
Michael’s journey is a wonderful example of how a foundation can support and give back to its community in the best way possible so make sure not to miss out on everything Michael has to share. Stay tuned!
- How Michael’s career as a public speaker served as his entrée into philanthropy.
- The lessons and experiences Michael learned from grant-making in rural areas of the United States.
- Rebuilding The Community Foundation from scratch to finding its special niche in philanthropy.
- What makes The Community Foundation’s structure and scholarship program unique.
- The biggest challenges Michael has had to overcome and his advice for funders and organizations looking to hone their skills.
Links referenced in this podcast:
- Click here to visit The Community Foundation’s website where you can learn more about their efforts to connect with individuals and groups to administer their philanthropic efforts in their community and beyond.
- Check out Exponent Philanthropy’s website by clicking here and connect with a member-led community of foundation leaders and individual lean funders looking to make an impact.
- Click here and visit The Community Foundation of the Ozark’s website and read how they can help organizations and individuals facilitate their grantmaking and charitable giving.
If you enjoyed this episode, listen to these as well:
- #56 A Truly Original Approach in Support of Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion with Maria Azuri, Director of Capacity Building, Network for Good
- #55 The Best Tips from an Amazing Funder at Marisla Foundation with Sara Lowell, Marine Program Director and Trustee, The Marisla Foundation
- #54 The True Elements of a Successful Funder Collaboration to Make a Difference in the World with Heather Tuininga, Principal, 10/10 Strategies
Crack the Code: Sybil’s Successful Guide to Philanthropy
Become even better at what you do as I teach you the strategies as well as the tools you’ll need to avoid mistakes and make a career out of philanthropy through my new course, Crack the Code!
In this new course, you’ll gain access to beautifully animated and filmed engaging videos (one per week for a total of 8 weeks), and many more!
Check out her website soon with all the latest opportunities to learn from Sybil at www.doyourgood.com.
Connect with Do Your Good
Don’t forget to check out the #DoYourGoodChallenge and get a chance to win prizes as you give with a purpose!
Would you like to talk with Sybil directly?