#54 The True Elements of a Successful Funder Collaboration to Make a Difference in the World with Heather Tuininga, Principal, 10/10 StrategiesDec 06, 2021
Joining me this week is Heather Tuininga and she will share with us how she created SAFE, an alliance composed of philanthropists who work together to move the needle to fight exploitation in Washington State. In addition to this, she discusses how she evaluates priorities and success all the while navigating the unique dynamics that come with collaborating with groups from various fields of work. Don’t miss out on this illuminating conversation!
- Heather’s call to philanthropy to serve as an instrument for noble purposes
- About SAFE, a funder collaborative fighting exploitation in Washington State
- How Heather maintains a collaborative atmosphere to ensure none of the nonprofits compete with each other
- How Heather navigates working with funders given the various dynamics present in a collaborative
- Implementing SAFE’s Alliance model in various other issue areas and geographical locations
- Heather’s parting words of wisdom
Links referenced in this podcast:
- Click here to visit the National Christian Foundation’s website.
- If you’re a donor who wants to take their philanthropy to the next level, click here to check out 10/10 Strategies’ website, Heather’s consulting business.
- If you’re interested in looking for ways to contribute to SAFE’s mission of ending sexual exploitation in Washington state, click here to check out their website!
- Check out SAFE’s websites in other locations: Rockies (Denver area), Central Florida, Tampa Bay (FL), Florida Panhandle, Minnesota.
If you enjoyed this episode, listen to these as well:
- #53 Learn from a Funder Who Has Worn Many Hats with Lisa Jaguzny, Senior Program Director, Biodiversity Funders Group
- #52 Sybil Speaks: Fund Amazing Coalitions the Right Way
- #51 Sybil Speaks: Communicate Your Grant Making Strategy Correctly
Crack the Code: Sybil’s Successful Guide to Philanthropy
Become even better at what you do as I teach you the strategies as well as the tools you’ll need to avoid mistakes and make a career out of philanthropy through my new course, Crack the Code!
In this new course, you’ll gain access to beautifully animated and filmed engaging videos (one per week for a total of 8 weeks), and many more!
Check out her website soon with all the latest opportunities to learn from Sybil at www.doyourgood.com.
Connect with Do Your Good
Don’t forget to check out the #DoYourGoodChallenge and get a chance to win prizes as you give with a purpose!
Would you like to talk with Sybil directly?