#53 Learn from a Funder Who Has Worn Many Hats with Lisa Jaguzny, Senior Program Director, Biodiversity Funders GroupNov 29, 2021
Part of working in the nonprofit and philanthropic field includes taking advantage of windows of opportunity before they close. It’s crucial that we open our minds to new and creative methods to work towards that long-lasting impact we all desire to make.
I have the pleasure of introducing my good friend, Lisa Jaguzny to the show! With over two decades of experience working in the philanthropic world on an executive level, she will share her three most amazing experiences working with donors throughout her professional career before moving on to take the next step in lending further support to nonprofits by joining a funder collaborative.
Make sure not to miss out on this really insightful episode! Whether you are a donor or nonprofit, there is so much to learn from Lisa’s personal and professional journey that led her to become the expert she is today.
- Lisa’s braided journey to becoming an expert funder
- Helping a donor family create their own nonprofit group from scratch in the sustainable agriculture field
- The value of participating with funder collaboratives such as the Biodiversity Funders Group
Links referenced in this podcast:
- Interested in collaborating with fellow funders and grantmakers to move the needle forward? Click here to visit the Biodiversity Funders Group’s website, a funder collaborative composed of environmental, conservation, and climate and energy grantmakers!
- Click here to check out Bolder Advocacy’s website, an organization of lawyers, coaches, and nonprofit experts dedicated to making advocacy easy and accessible for nonprofit and foundation leaders!
- Drive environmental progress through action. Learn more about how LCV is using policy to fight for the Earth by visiting their website here!
- Learn more about Native Americans in Philanthropy’s (NAP) mission to promote equitable and effective philanthropy in Native communities by clicking here!
- Visit Independent Sector’s website here to find out more about how they’re bringing together diverse communities of nonprofits and foundations to catalyze change across the nation!
- Contact Lisa: [email protected].
If you enjoyed this episode, listen to these as well:
- #52 Sybil Speaks: Fund Amazing Coalitions the Right Way
- #51 Sybil Speaks: Communicate Your Grant Making Strategy Correctly
- #50 Sybil Speaks: Support Nonprofits to Pay Staff a Fair Wage
Crack the Code: Sybil’s Successful Guide to Philanthropy
Become even better at what you do as I teach you the strategies as well as the tools you’ll need to avoid mistakes and make a career out of philanthropy through my new course, Crack the Code!
In this new course, you’ll gain access to beautifully animated and filmed engaging videos (one per week for a total of 8 weeks), and many more!
Check out her website soon with all the latest opportunities to learn from Sybil at www.doyourgood.com.
Connect with Do Your Good
Don’t forget to check out the #DoYourGoodChallenge and get a chance to win prizes as you give with a purpose!
Would you like to talk with Sybil directly?