#52 Sybil Speaks: Fund Amazing Coalitions the Right WayNov 22, 2021
Coalitions can be really rewarding to work with because when multiple organizations come together to solve an issue that is larger than it could solve on its own, it can really make a difference in moving the needle forward. But as a funder, you can’t just give money to them without formulating any proper structure because it can lead to a whole myriad of issues among them.
In this episode, I’m going to talk about the top 2 most important things you need to address that will ensure you’ll be able to fund coalitions effectively. Because when you do so, you not only avoid a lot of unneeded conflicts, but you also empower these groups to a whole new level. Stayed tuned!
- Make sure that the coalition has a clear decision-making structure and strategy.
- In case of disagreements in the coalition, make sure there’s a clear way that the groups can work through it to get to the other side.
- How you can still support coalitions from the grassroots as a small funder.
Links referenced in this podcast:
- If you’re enjoying the podcast and want to check out more of what I have to offer then click here. On my website, you can sign up for my free training, online courses, free resources, as well as my paid resources.
If you enjoyed this episode, listen to these as well:
- #51 Sybil Speaks: Communicate Your Grant Making Strategy Correctly
- #50 Sybil Speaks: Support Nonprofits to Pay Staff a Fair Wage
- #49 Sybil Speaks: How to Share Your Donation Strategy with Your Partner, Colleague, or Friend
Crack the Code: Sybil’s Successful Guide to Philanthropy
Become even better at what you do as I teach you the strategies as well as the tools you’ll need to avoid mistakes and make a career out of philanthropy through my new course, Crack the Code!
In this new course, you’ll gain access to beautifully animated and filmed engaging videos (one per week for a total of 8 weeks), and many more!
Check out her website soon with all the latest opportunities to learn from Sybil at www.doyourgood.com.
Connect with Do Your Good
Don’t forget to check out the #DoYourGoodChallenge and get a chance to win prizes as you give with a purpose!
Would you like to talk with Sybil directly?