#51 Sybil Speaks: Communicate Your Grant Making Strategy CorrectlyNov 15, 2021
In this week’s episode, I discuss the differences and similarities between a general support grant and a project grant. And I think this is an important topic to talk about because a lot of people in the philanthropy world seem to struggle with this and get the two mixed up which can lead to frustration and miscommunication between you and the nonprofits you work with.
By understanding the differences between the two types of grants and being clear on your goals, you can avoid those hazards and be able to effectively collaborate with nonprofits on the issues you want to solve. Find out more on how you can better lean into your role as a funder by tuning in!
- The differences and similarities between a general support grant and a project grant
- Before you decide on the two types of grants, first decide which of the three types of funder you want to be
- Some things to keep in mind to avoid running afoul of certain laws when funding project grants
- Why it’s important for you to be clear with nonprofits on what you want to do
Links referenced in this podcast:
- If you’re enjoying the podcast and want to check out more of what I have to offer then click here. On my website, you can sign up for my free training, online courses, free resources, as well as my paid resources.
If you enjoyed this episode, listen to these as well:
- #50 Sybil Speaks: Support Nonprofits to Pay Staff a Fair Wage
- #49 Sybil Speaks: How to Share Your Donation Strategy with Your Partner, Colleague, or Friend
- #48 Sybil Speaks: When to Be a Part of the Team
Crack the Code: Sybil’s Successful Guide to Philanthropy
Become even better at what you do as I teach you the strategies as well as the tools you’ll need to avoid mistakes and make a career out of philanthropy through my new course, Crack the Code!
In this new course, you’ll gain access to beautifully animated and filmed engaging videos (one per week for a total of 8 weeks), and many more!
Check out her website soon with all the latest opportunities to learn from Sybil at www.doyourgood.com.
Connect with Do Your Good
Don’t forget to check out the #DoYourGoodChallenge and get a chance to win prizes as you give with a purpose!
Would you like to talk with Sybil directly?