#46 An Entrepreneurial Philanthropist Takes Action on Climate Change with Tim Miller, Executive Director, PECIOct 11, 2021
When it comes to the fight against climate change, it’s about time we start waking up those who have the power and influence to enact systematic change.
Joining me for this week is Tim Miller, and I am so excited for you all to listen to this conversation because of his multifaceted work as someone who helps run a foundation that supports climate change nonprofits while simultaneously serving as an entrepreneur who supports business directly impacted by climate change. This has opened him up to brand new insights that have proven to be invaluable in his efforts to combat climate change at a micro and macro level.
Please don’t forget to join us in this discussion so you can learn more about Tim’s mission in moving climate change policy forward.
- His beginnings in the philanthropy world as a consultant to organizations in the transportation and energy sector.
- How PECI was first formed and later on became a foundation.
- How he avoided the problem of creating a competitive environment amongst individual nonprofits by funding coalitions instead.
- The importance of fostering new and richer conversations by directly funding environmental justice organizations.
- His venture into climate capitalism through Climate Hawk Capital.
Links referenced in this podcast
- Learn more about Portland Energy Conservation Inc. (PECI) by visiting their website here!
- If you’re someone in the financial sector looking to take action against climate change, click here to visit Climate Hawk Capital’s website and reach out to them!
- Contact with Tim Miller: [email protected] or [email protected].
If you enjoyed this episode, listen to these as well:
- #45 How a Fabulous Donor Made a World of Difference for Cancer Survivors with Dana Dornsife, CEO, Lazarex Cancer Foundation
- #44 Strategies to Give Back Through Both Your Business and Personal Giving Strategy with Jim Kelly, Founder, Rejuvenation Hardware
- #43 How To Be Treated Like a Person and Not a Transaction for Maximum Impact with Patrick Kirby, Founder, Do Good Better Consulting
Crack the Code: Sybil’s Successful Guide to Philanthropy
Become even better at what you do as I teach you the strategies as well as the tools you’ll need to avoid mistakes and make a career out of philanthropy through my new course, Crack the Code!
In this new course, you’ll gain access to beautifully animated and filmed engaging videos (one per week for a total of 8 weeks), and many more!
Check out her website soon with all the latest opportunities to learn from Sybil at www.doyourgood.com.
Connect with Do Your Good
Don’t forget to check out the #DoYourGoodChallenge and get a chance to win prizes as you give with a purpose!
Would you like to talk with Sybil directly?