#45 How a Fabulous Donor Made a World of Difference for Cancer SurvivorsOct 04, 2021
This week I have the pleasure of interviewing Dana Dornsife, CEO of the Lazarex Cancer Foundation. After certain events in her life caused her to shift her worldview, she went on a divinely inspired mission to give back to others by providing families suffering from cancer the support and resources they need. She offers us her insight on how fundraisers and donors can tackle challenges and turn them into opportunities to do better, learn, and grow.
I love that she has managed to create this connection to find a specific passion and do good in the world. Even as Lazarex has continued to grow and expand, she continues to be a living example of what it means to stay true to her mission and focus, and the importance of being truly engaged in the community and project you invest your wealth in.
We would love for you to join us for this inspiring conversation and learn more about Dana and Lazarex’ mission so please don’t forget to tune in!
- The event in Dana’s life that catalyzed the creation of the Lazarex Cancer Foundation
- The logistics behind her foundation and her compelling reason to give back with her newfound wealth
- Her story trying to navigate the nonprofit world as someone coming from a for-profit one
- Lazarex Cancer Foundation’s growth and funding strategy
- Her favorite story while serving at Lazarex
- Her words of wisdom on overcoming challenges and hurdles
Links referenced in this podcast
- Visit Lazarex Cancer Foundation’s website here!
- Read more about the Lazarex Cancer Foundation and its contribution to the healthcare industry!
- Watch “Breaking Down Barriers to Clinical Trial Diversity - Health Equity Summit,” a discussion on how to break down barriers and explore diversity in clinic trials.
- Click here to learn more about how Lazarex is providing support for cancer clinical trials.
- Connect with Dana Dornsife: [email protected].
If you enjoyed this episode, listen to these as well:
- #44 Strategies to Give Back Through Both Your Business and Personal Giving Strategy
- #43 How To Be Treated Like a Person and Not a Transaction for Maximum Impact
- #42 Learn How One Person Navigated the Transition From Donor at Hewlett Foundation to Now Working as a Nonprofit Fundraiser
Crack the Code: Sybil’s Successful Guide to Philanthropy
Become even better at what you do as I teach you the strategies as well as the tools you’ll need to avoid mistakes and make a career out of philanthropy through my new course, Crack the Code!
In this new course, you’ll gain access to beautifully animated and filmed engaging videos (one per week for a total of 8 weeks), and many more!
Check out her website soon with all the latest opportunities to learn from Sybil at www.doyourgood.com.
Connect with Do Your Good
Don’t forget to check out the #DoYourGoodChallenge and get a chance to win prizes as you give with a purpose!
Would you like to talk with Sybil directly?