#43 How To Be Treated Like a Person and Not a Transaction for Maximum Impact with Patrick Kirby, Founder, Do Good Better ConsultingSep 20, 2021
Nonprofits are never going to be able to force an individual or business to donate. When there is too much focus on chasing that dollar, it can make the dynamic feel more like a transaction rather than an authentic relationship built upon the mutual desire to make a long-lasting positive impact.
I have the pleasure of interviewing Patrick Kirby, Founder of Do Good Better Consulting. With over a decade of experience in the nonprofit world under his belt, he’ll share with us his personal stories that have shaped him into the professional fundraiser he is today. He is a firm believer that donors and fundraisers should work with authenticity and purpose so that we can ‘Do Good Better’ every day.
Make sure to join us for this inspiring conversation on how both parties can build genuine and better connections with each other. Enjoy the show!
- Patrick’s transformational moment that led him to become a professional funder.
- The crucial importance of being authentic to your goals and mission.
- Ways nonprofit leaders can build better and more authentic relationships with their clients.
- His personal experiences as a fundraiser getting to know donors beyond their role as a donor.
- Nonprofits should find purpose in what they do and guide donors towards unlocking their own purpose as well.
- The ultimate way nonprofits can articulate their impact to their donors.
Links referenced in this podcast
- If you’re looking for a firm to make funding easier and more fun, check out Do Good Better Consulting by clicking here!
- Check out Patrick’s book and guide for any fundraising professional: Fundraise Awesomer!
- Listen to The Official Do Good Better Podcast on Apple Podcasts!
- Facebook: @DGBConsulting
- Twitter: @FundraisingDad
- Instagram: @FundraisingDad
- TikTok: @TheFundraisingDad
If you enjoyed this episode, listen to these as well:
- #42 Learn How One Person Navigated the Transition From Donor at Hewlett Foundation to Now Working as a Nonprofit Fundraiser with Cristina Jorda Kinney, Director of Institutional Philanthropy, Action for the Climate Emergency
- #41 Sybil Speaks: Don't Leave Money on the Table! 3 Strategies to Fully Support the Charities You Care About
- #40: Sybil Speaks: Top Three Strategies to Maximize Your Impact
Crack the Code: Sybil’s Successful Guide to Philanthropy
Become even better at what you do as I teach you the strategies as well as the tools you’ll need to avoid mistakes and make a career out of philanthropy through my new course, Crack the Code!
In this new course, you’ll gain access to beautifully animated and filmed engaging videos (one per week for a total of 8 weeks), and many more!
Check out her website soon with all the latest opportunities to learn from Sybil at www.doyourgood.com.
Connect with Do Your Good
Don’t forget to check out the #DoYourGoodChallenge and get a chance to win prizes as you give with a purpose!
Would you like to talk with Sybil directly?