#42 Learn How One Person Navigated the Transition From Donor at Hewlett Foundation to Now Working as a Nonprofit FundraiserSep 13, 2021
For this week, I’m happy to be joined by Cristina Jorda Kinney, Director of Institutional Philanthropy at Action for the Climate Emergency. Originally working at the Hewlett Foundation, she has made the recent transition to become a full-time worker in the nonprofit world. As someone who has experience in both worlds, she’ll share with us her unique insights and perspectives so both donors and funders can maximize their effectiveness.
Join us as we discuss how we can better provide support to nonprofits and funders in putting their best foot forward!
- The rewards and challenges of shifting from foundation work to nonprofit work
- The noticeable differences she’s felt now that she’s working on the other side
- The things she was most proud of doing when she was at Hewlett and her recommendations for funders looking to make their grantees’ lives easier
- The best form of information nonprofits can give to potential funders
- How nonprofits can pierce through the funder bubble and reach out to funders in a meaningful manner
- Why nonprofits and funders shouldn’t be afraid to engage in more discussions and conversations with each other
- Her advice to fellow funders
Links referenced in this podcast
- Learn more about the Action for the Climate Emergency (ACE) and its mission here!
If you enjoyed this episode, listen to these as well:
- #41 Sybil Speaks: Don't Leave Money on the Table! 3 Strategies to Fully Support the Charities You Care About
- #40: Sybil Speaks: Top Three Strategies to Maximize Your Impact
- #39: Sybil Speaks: Maximize Your Funding Potential With Support for Backbone Organizations
Crack the Code: Sybil’s Successful Guide to Philanthropy
Become even better at what you do as I teach you the strategies as well as the tools you’ll need to avoid mistakes and make a career out of philanthropy through my new course, Crack the Code!
In this new course, you’ll gain access to beautifully animated and filmed engaging videos (one per week for a total of 8 weeks), and many more!
Check out her website soon with all the latest opportunities to learn from Sybil at www.doyourgood.com.
Connect with Do Your Good
Don’t forget to check out the #DoYourGoodChallenge and get a chance to win prizes as you give with a purpose!
Would you like to talk with Sybil directly?