#39 Sybil Speaks: Maximize Your Funding Potential With Support for Backbone OrganizationsAug 23, 2021
If you want your limited funding to reach its true potential and have maximum impact, fund an important organization you have never heard of – the backbone organization!
Don’t forget about the invisible “backbone” organizations. I’ll take the time to talk about currently existing backbone organizations and ways you can find the right organization to support.
Providing backbone organizations with support is important to move an issue you care about forward to achieve significant progress so be sure to tune into this episode!
- Learn what a backbone organization is about
- 3 amazing backbone organizations that you may not have heard of
- Top 3 questions to ask to find and then fund the backbone organizations working in the field you care about
Links referenced in this podcast
- Click here to read the latest IPCC (Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change) report on climate change.
- Click this link to view Altarum Healthcare Value Hub’s definition of backbone organizations.
- Check out my episodes with Dany Sigwalt and co. on the Power Shift Network here and here.
- Check out my episode with Heidi Binko and the Just Transition Fund here.
- Listen to my episode with Sean Kosofsky, executive director of the Climate Advocacy Lab here.
- If you want to learn more about backbone organizations, check out these readings by the Stanford Social Innovation Review: Six Proven Practices for Backbone Organizations and Understanding the Value of Backbone Organizations in Collective Impact: Part 2.
- Read the United Nations’ report that we’re going to experiencing a hotter climate in the future.
If you enjoyed this episode, listen to these as well:
- #38 Sybil Speaks: Tips to Fund Advocacy and Lobbying Correctly
- #37 The Best Tips from a White House Speechwriter Who Transitioned to Philanthropy
- #36 Sybil Speaks: Three Things You Can Do Now to Create a Legacy That Lasts
Crack the Code: Sybil’s Successful Guide to Philanthropy
Become even better at what you do as I teach you the strategies as well as the tools you’ll need to avoid mistakes and make a career out of philanthropy through my new course, Crack the Code!
In this new course, you’ll gain access to beautifully animated and filmed engaging videos (one per week for a total of 8 weeks), and many more!
Check out her website soon with all the latest opportunities to learn from Sybil at www.doyourgood.com.
Connect with Do Your Good
Don’t forget to check out the #DoYourGoodChallenge and get a chance to win prizes as you give with a purpose!
Would you like to talk with Sybil directly?