#28 Part 2 Power Up Your Giving with Real Power to Community with Anthony Diaz, Jasmine Banks, and Dany SigwaltJun 06, 2021
The conversation continues in this episode as Anthony, Jasmine, and Dany talk more about the do’s and don’t we should take note of as donors. We also touch on the topic of structural reforms you need to be aware of to give and support effectively and how to make sure the needs of community organizations are being met.
- What you should do and shouldn’t do as donors.
- Structural reforms that you need to know and be aware of to be an effective donor.
- How performative activism deeply impacts what the young generation understands to be activism.
- Creating systems and platforms to make sure community needs are being met
- Why you should invest in community organizing.
Dany Sigwalt, Co-Executive Director, Power Shift Network
Anthony Diaz, Co-Founder, Newark Water Coalition
Jasmine Banks, Executive Director, UnKoch My Campus
Links referenced in this Podcast:
- Reconcile Arkansas
- Parenting is Political
- UnKoch My Campus
- Power Shift Network
- Newark Water Coalition
- Emergent Fund
- New Economy Coalition
If you enjoyed this episode, listen to these episodes as well
- #27 Part 1 Power Up Your Giving with Real Power to Community with Anthony Diaz, Jasmine Banks, and Dany Sigwalt
- #26 Learn To Support And Fund Indigenous Communities With Deep Respect And Grace with Jim Enote, CEO, Colorado Plateau Foundation
- #25 Sybil Speaks: Get To The Heart Of The Matter And Figure Out The Kind Of Funder You Want To Be
Crack the Code: Sybil’s Successful Guide to Philanthropy
Become even better at what you do as I teach you the strategies as well as the tools you’ll need to avoid mistakes and make a career out of philanthropy through my new course, Crack the Code!
In this new course, you’ll gain access to beautifully animated and filmed short 5-10 minute engaging videos (one per week for a total of 8 weeks), and many more!
I am limiting the overall size of this course to no more than 30 so that you can have a personal and interactive experience learning from me - space is limited sign up soon for the early bird discount!
Cart opens on June 7 and closes on June 13. Don’t miss out on this wonderful opportunity to be an effective funder while creating a long-lasting positive impact! You can sign up and read more about the course here!
Connect with Do Your Good
Don’t forget to check out the #DoYourGoodChallenge and get a chance to win prizes as you give with a purpose!
Would you like to talk with Sybil directly?