#27 Part 1 Power Up Your Giving with Real Power to Community with Anthony Diaz, Jasmine Banks, and Dany SigwaltMay 31, 2021
Listen to this podcast if you want to truly support communities and not do harm. You can create impact through your giving by funding communities directly provided you learn the tips that these same communities offer as the most impactful way to contribute to their cause and issues.
Join me in this part 1 of 2 of my conversation with Anthony, Jasmine, and Dany! They’ll be sharing their story about what got them into philanthropy and what you should do to be an effective donor and support the work that nonprofits are doing!
- What makes Anthony, Jasmine, and Dany passionate about the work they’re doing.
- Advice from people who are planning to support a cause they care about.
- Funding diverse communities to support BIPOC-led community organizations.
- Each funder body and ecosystem of activist organizers is its own unique microcosm.
Dany Sigwalt, Co-Executive Director, Power Shift Network
Anthony Diaz, Co-Founder, Newark Water Coalition
Jasmine Banks, Executive Director, UnKoch My Campus
Links referenced in this Podcast:
- Reconcile Arkansas
- Parenting is Political
- UnKoch My Campus
- Power Shift Network
- Newark Water Coalition
- Emergent Fund
- New Economy Coalition
If you enjoyed this episode, listen to these episodes as well
- #26 Learn To Support And Fund Indigenous Communities With Deep Respect And Grace with Jim Enote, CEO, Colorado Plateau Foundation
- #25 Sybil Speaks: Get To The Heart Of The Matter And Figure Out The Kind Of Funder You Want To Be
- #24 Sybil Speaks: Learn Not To Do Harm With Your Funding Strategy
Crack the Code: Sybil’s Successful Guide to Philanthropy
Become even better at what you do as I teach you the strategies as well as the tools you’ll need to avoid mistakes and make a career out of philanthropy through my new course, Crack the Code!
In this new course, you’ll gain access to beautifully animated and filmed short 5-10 minute engaging videos (one per week for a total of 8 weeks), and many more!
I am limiting the overall size of this course to no more than 30 so that you can have a personal and interactive experience learning from me - space is limited sign up soon for the early bird discount!
Cart opens on June 7 and closes on June 13. Don’t miss out on this wonderful opportunity to be an effective funder while creating a long-lasting positive impact! You can sign up and read more about the course here!
Connect with Do Your Good
Don’t forget to check out the #DoYourGoodChallenge and get a chance to win prizes as you give with a purpose!
Would you like to talk with Sybil directly?