#26 Learn To Support And Fund Indigenous Communities With Deep Respect And Grace With Jim EnoteMay 24, 2021
Today’s guest, Jim who is a Zuni Tribal member, was already exposed to the injustices of this world at a very young age. As he became more aware and learned the asymmetry of power in our society, he was motivated and inspired to do something for the native people and other communities.
Join me in this episode as I interview Jim Enote, a Zuni Tribal member and also the CEO at Colorado Plateau Foundation, as he talks about his inspiration for philanthropy and how you can support indigenous communities!
- Jim’s motivation for entering the world of philanthropy
- Funding the gaps
- Being accountable to those that we are in service to
- Jim’s favorite grants
- How you can engage in supporting indigenous communities
Jim Enote, Zuni Tribal Member
CEO Colorado Plateau Foundation
Board Chair of the Grand Canyon Trust
Links referenced in this Podcast:
- Colorado Plateau Foundation
- Environmental Grant Makers Association
- Council of Foundations
- EDGE Funders
- International Funders of Indigenous People
- Native Americans in Philanthropy
If you enjoyed this episode, listen to these episodes as well
- #25 Sybil Speaks: Get To The Heart Of The Matter And Figure Out The Kind Of Funder You Want To Be
- #24 Sybil Speaks: Learn Not To Do Harm With Your Funding Strategy
- #23 Do What You Know Best to Fill A Gap and Help to Create a Nonprofit from Scratch
Crack the Code: Sybil’s Successful Guide to Philanthropy
Become even better at what you do as I teach you the strategies as well as the tools you’ll need to avoid mistakes and make a career out of philanthropy through my new course, Crack the Code!
In this new course, you’ll gain access to beautifully animated and filmed short 5-10 minute engaging videos (one per week for a total of 8 weeks), and many more!
I am limiting the overall size of this course to no more than 30 so that you can have a personal and interactive experience learning from me - space is limited sign up soon for the early bird discount!
Cart opens on June 7 and closes on June 13. Don’t miss out on this wonderful opportunity to be an effective funder while creating a long-lasting positive impact! You can sign up and read more about the course here!
Connect with Do Your Good
Don’t forget to check out the #DoYourGoodChallenge and get a chance to win prizes as you give with a purpose!
Would you like to talk with Sybil directly?