#24 Sybil Speaks: Learn Not To Do Harm With Your Funding StrategyMay 10, 2021
Over the years, I’ve worked with so many great donors and they really give with humility. However, there are times when a donor’s good intentions cause more harm for the nonprofit.
In this episode, I’ll be sharing with you in detail some of the key things that I plan to teach in my course, called Crack the Code: Sibyl’s Step-by-Step Guide to Effective Philanthropy!
Make sure your good intentions bear positive outcomes.
I’ll be focusing on how to keep from being in what I call a funder bubble. A funder bubble is when you lack the humility needed to gain the trust of the nonprofits you serve. As a result, if you are in a funder bubble, you then can make very damaging decisions and cause more harm than good.
This podcast offers you tips and tricks to help stay out of the funder bubble and give with purpose and meaning. I’ll share with you the tools you need so that you can stay open-minded, and not fall into the trap I’ve seen many fall into so you can be effective at giving your money away!
- You think you have a new idea but…
- Don’t ask others to be perfect.
- Learn to listen.
- Don’t immediately jump to conclusions.
- Be reliable and trustworthy.
- Don’t be cheap.
- Stop thinking that you’re the smartest person in the room. You’re not.
- Do what the nonprofits tell you is important.
If you enjoyed this episode, listen to these episodes as well
- #23 Do What You Know Best to Fill A Gap and Help to Create a Nonprofit from Scratch with Nellie McAdams, Executive Director, Oregon Agricultural Trust, and John Paul, Owner, Cameron Winery
- #22 Unleash Your Digital Power and Magnify Your Online Presence As A Donor with Tim Kachuriak, Founder, NextAfter
- #21 A Conversation with John Esterle, Co-Founder, Trust-Based Philanthropy
Make Your Money Matter - Learn How to Give with Purpose
In this fun, free and interactive training I will teach you how to effectively give your money to well-deserving charities. I bring over two decades of experience working with funders who have contributed over $45 million in donations large and small.
My step-by-step process will reduce your overwhelm, keep you from making costly mistakes, and help you make a real difference in the world.
I offer this free training every second Wednesday of the month. Space is limited for each training - thanks for signing up today.
Wednesday, May 12th - 5PM
Connect with Do Your Good
Don’t forget to check out the #DoYourGoodChallenge and get a chance to win prizes as you give with a purpose!
Would you like to talk with Sybil directly?
Well you are in luck! She has free monthly Webinars the second Wednesday of each month at 5PM Pacific Time - register in advance through her website www.doyourgood.com