#17 Walk the Talk and Support the Transition from Coal to Renewable Energy with Heidi Binko, Executive Director and Co-Founder, Just Transition FundMar 22, 2021
With the coal industry in decline, what will happen to the communities that’ll be left behind? What can we do to support them?
Join me in this episode, as I interview Heidi Binko! Heidi is the Executive Director and Co-Founder at Just Transition Fund, which is designed to help coal communities make a just transition to a new energy economy.
With 17 years of philanthropic experience on climate, coal, and energy issues, under her belt, Heidi has worked with coal communities throughout the US and internationally in Australia.
Learn how Heidi’s working strategically to help support communities that are greatly experiencing economic distress and what you can do to contribute!
- How Heidi’s personal and professional journey into philanthropy started.
- What is Just Transition Fund and what is its relevance to coal communities?
- Places that experienced the most economic distress.
- Stories about how we can be strategic with our grants to support local. communities transitioning from a dependence on coal.
Heidi Binko is Executive Director and Co-Founder of the Just Transition Fund
Links referenced in this Podcast:
- Just Transition Fund website www.justtransitionfund.org - A community-driven framework for a national economic transition program, built by leaders living and working in America’s coal communities.
- Coalfield Development - www.coalfield-development.org
- Generation West Virginia - www.generationwv.org
If you enjoyed this episode, listen to these episodes as well
- #16 Thinking Outside the Box to Promote World Peace with Al Jubitz, Patrick Hiller, and Lauren Forman
- #15 Pack Power Into Your Giving with a Crowdfunding Strategy with Toni Tringolo, Executive Director, Willamette Week's Give!Guide, and Mahala Ray, Revenue Director, Business for a Better Portland
- #14 Exceptional Advice from a Seasoned Philanthropist with David Secord, Founder and Principal, Barnacle Strategies
Make Your Money Matter - Learn How to Give with Purpose
In this fun, free and interactive training I will teach you how to effectively give your money to well-deserving charities. I bring over two decades of experience working with funders who have contributed over $45 million in donations large and small.
My step-by-step process will reduce your overwhelm, keep you from making costly mistakes, and help you make a real difference in the world.
I offer this free training every second Wednesday of the month. Space is limited for each training - thanks for signing up today.
Wednesday, April 14th - 5 PM
Connect with Do Your Good
Don’t forget to check out the #DoYourGoodChallenge and get a chance to win prizes as you give with a purpose!