#13 Overcoming Personal Adversity to Help Thousands of Kids and Make a Meaningful Difference in Philanthropy with Duncan Campbell, Founder, Friends of the ChildrenFeb 22, 2021
When a child/youth feels that they are heard, they are empowered.
Our guest for today learned how to overcome his personal obstacles and is now a successful entrepreneur and philanthropist who helps kids who went through a similar situation when he was young.
Join me in this episode as I talk to Duncan Campbell! He created this amazing initiative to help kids overcome the obstacles in their lives. He is the founder of Friends of the Children, an international nonprofit organization for children and youth to achieve their goals!
Learn how to launch a successful initiative in philanthropy, as Duncan shares his personal story!
- What inspired Duncan to go into philanthropy.
- What is ‘Friends of the Children’ all about?
- Duncan shares his childhood story as his motivation for doing good in the world
- What being a friend means.
- Matters that stressed and kept Duncan at night.
- The art of being there.
- What is Campbell Global and the unique model that Duncan created?
- How Duncan’s experience as an entrepreneur helped him with creating Friends of the Children.
Duncan Campbell - Founder of Friends of the Children, Director of The Campbell Foundation; Founder and Retired CEO of Campbell Global
Friends of the Children website www.friendsofthechildren.org
Links referenced in this Podcast:
- The Art of Being There: Creating Change, One Child at a Time - a book about Duncan Campbell’s life
If you enjoyed this episode, listen to these episodes as well:
- #12 Be Inspired to Support the Grassroots with Pam Fujita-Yuhas and Zoe Rothchild, Foundation Directors, NW Fund for the Environment
- #11 Pearls of Wisdom from a Thirty Year Philanthropist with Ann Krumboltz, Executive Director, Brainerd Foundation
- #10 This Power Couple Explains How to Fund Effective Activism with Success with Sarah Jaynes, Director, Rural Democracy Initiative, and Gregg Small, Executive Director, Climate Solutions
Connect with Do Your Good
- Facebook @doyourgood
- Instagram @do_your_good
- Don’t forget to check out the #DoYourGoodChallenge and get a chance to win prizes as you give with a purpose!
Would you like to talk with Sybil directly?
Well you are in luck! She has free monthly Webinars the second Wednesday of each month at 5PM Pacific Time - register in advance through her website www.doyourgood.com