#11 Pearls of Wisdom from a Thirty Year Philanthropist with Ann Krumboltz, Executive Director, Brainerd FoundationFeb 01, 2021
For a lot of philanthropists, the concept of spending down is nothing new but it’s still outside of what is normally practiced. But what does it mean to spend down?
In this episode, I interview my good friend, a seasoned philanthropist, Ann Krumboltz!
Ann is the Executive Director of the Brainerd Foundation. Join us in this conversation as we unpack pearls of wisdom from her 30 years of philanthropic experience! Find out what it takes to “spend down", stay grounded and open-minded, and build trust as you fund important projects!
- What brought Ann into philanthropy.
- How to have a lasting impact, important impact, and still spending down?
- Why did Ann’s trustees decide to spend down?
- Ann’s experience with fundings that didn’t work.
- Evaluating your grants and where to focus?
- 7 Key lessons from 30 years of philanthropic experience.
Ann Krumboltz - Co-Director of The Brainerd Foundation
Links referenced in this Podcast:
If you enjoyed this episode, listen to these episodes as well:
- #10 This Power Couple Explains How to Fund Effective Activism with Success with Sarah Jaynes, Director, Rural Democracy Initiative, and Gregg Small, Executive Director, Climate Solutions
- #9 Sybil Speaks: Make a Difference No Matter How Busy You Are
- #8 Sybil Speaks: Tips on How to Make Your Money Matter
Connect with Do Your Good
Don’t forget to check out the #DoYourGoodChallenge and get a chance to win prizes as you give with a purpose!
Would you like to talk with Sybil directly?
Well you are in luck! She has free monthly Webinars the second Wednesday of each month at 5PM Pacific Time - register in advance through her website www.doyourgood.com